Re: [OM] Zuiko rubber diamond focus ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko rubber diamond focus ring
From: Mikael von Numers <mnumers@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:02:15 -0700
> I have a suggestion other than just adding glue to fix the rubber
> focusing ring to the lens body. First, remove the rubber ring, cut it
> into one stright piece carefully by a sharp cutter. Put it back to the
> lens, stretch it a little bit and measure the extra rubber, then cut it
> (try to make both cutting edges parallel). Adhere the two ends together
> by a quick set adhesive which containing cyanoacrylate, such as the Aron
> Alpha. The glue dry within a few seconds and it make very strong bonding
> with rubber.
>
> Place a piece of double sided adhesive tape on the lens and re-assembly
> the rubber ring with the join face downward. I have done this for my
> 35/F2 and it works well.
>
> C.H.Ling

Hi C.H. Ling

This is almost exactly the same method that i have used for my 28F2
and 100F2.8 Zuikos. It is probably the best method if the rubber
ring has stretched very much. The adhesive tape is not needed if you
make the rubber ring tight enough. The join is practically invisible
if you cut and glue carefully.

Mikael von Numers