Re: [OM] Zuiko rubber diamond focus ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko rubber diamond focus ring
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 May 98 11:13:49 +1000
Hello John,

No it's not just you.  I just bought some older zuiko's with the dangly
rubber problem.   Both of them have stretched and become loose.  Interesting
because all of my other zuiko's are fine.  It appears to be only these two
old single coated lenses that have sagged with age..

But I have fixed them by using rubber contact adhesive.  I placed a small
amount under the focus ring with a cotton bud,   working quickly I rotated
the ring around to spread the glue evenly.   I then left it for a few
minutes, there were a few gaps around the ring because of the strecth.   But
this is where the contact adhesive comes in,  after it had dried somewhat, I
pressed the loose bits against the barrel. The conctact adhesive sticks
instantly when it has become tacky.... This ensured a nice looking fit with
no bulges....

Stuart Goggin