Re: [OM] Oly supplimentary lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly supplimentary lenses
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 14:48:48 +0800
Hi Foxy,

I think spot metering is not practical for flash, remember how you use spot
metering for available light photo? You have to select the spot area and
lock the exposure, then re-compose your picture. For spot flash, how can
you assume the objects at center are always with 18% reflection?

As far as I know, only the Contax RTS III provide this feature and it
require preflash before actual exposure. Then why not use an incidence
flash light meter, I think it would be more accurate?

My idea for the best flash control is distance measurement, such as the one
in OM707 (0M77) which calculate the object distance and adjust the
aperture. Of course it is better to adjust the flash power output rather
then the aperture (even better if the computer also take the available
light into calculation and there is +/- compensation control). Only with
this method the flash are accurate no matter what the object color is and
how far the background are behind. Ah! may be the IS3000 is using this
method for flash control.

Regards,
C.H.Ling