RE: [OM] OM-2000 sibling(s)

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-2000 sibling(s)
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 10:02:57 -0800
Per Nordenberg wrote:

> [...]

Ok, I'll answer this one with a straight face for a change.

If my crystal ball is right, then the forthcoming new body will have an
electonically controlled version of the OM-2000 vertical metal shutter
-- similar to the one found in N*k*n's FE. The gain is a faster X-sync.
(1/125), faster mechanical backup speed, and a much improved, addictively
smooth winding mechanism. Multiple exposure lever will also be there.

Furthermore, my crystal ball claims that if the recently launched Contax
Aria proves to be a success, we may see the introduction of a motorized
Cosina body, though Olympus is unlikely to be the first to venture in
this direction: N*k*n is a more likely candidate to go first, with a
body that may resurrect its venerable and hugely popular N2000 (F-301).

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx