Re: [OM] Weddings with OM's, was Ken's gloating

Subject: Re: [OM] Weddings with OM's, was Ken's gloating
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:57:57 -0500
>In 20/20 hindsight, were I to do it all over again, I'd shop the used
market
>for Hasselblad.  There are good buys available, and a 'Blad is an
>outstanding piece of equipment.  The square negative gives you more "wiggle
>room" at final print time and you never have to worry about rotating
>everything 90 degrees to get the framing right.  And there is something
>special about square proofs that appeal to customers.

I'm heading down to St. Louis in a couple weeks to check out a bunch of MF
cameras and a 'Blad does make sense.  I've used them a bit and always liked
them.  Unfortunately, this year's MF budget may not allow for it.  I do
desire a camera that won't wake the dead, so that might rule out a couple
makes.  BUT, in a head-to-head comparison I'll know for sure.  I absolutely
love the square format, too.

Ken N.