Re: [OM] - OM2N below zero

Subject: Re: [OM] - OM2N below zero
From: Teemu Oinonen <Teemu.Oinonen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:50:33 +0300
Tony D'Alfonso wrote:

> As far as it occurring on the 2N, I have never experienced this on my 2N
> which has regularly operated in weather extremes such as Bell's Beach in
> winter ( a popular surf beach in S.E Australia where the air temperature
> falls below 0.C ) and Singapore during the "wet" season. In thousands of
> exposures, I cannot recall the OM2N ever malfunctioning or incorrectly
> exposing.
>
> Do I have an unusually good OM2N ?

I was shooting swans recently with my OM2N. The temperature was -7
degrees centigrade. The needle indicated 1/60 s but I became suspicious
because it felt more like 1/30 to 1 s. Soon the shutter stayed open for
several seconds (and I missed the best early morning light). I put the
camera under my jacket and after 10 minutes or so it was functioning
properly again.

Now, during winter -7 is not extreme here: any suggestions on how to
prevent this from happening again?

Teemu