[OM] The Unofficial Olympus Photo Gallery, Phase 1A (!)

Subject: [OM] The Unofficial Olympus Photo Gallery, Phase 1A (!)
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:06:41 -0600
Hi all.

Well, the second part of what I wanted to do with the Gallery is now
substantially complete: I've "busted" the bandwidth required for most of the
photos.  The average thumbnail is now somewhere around 7 KBytes; the average
submission is now around 70 KBytes.  Prior to all the bustin', I had
submissions of up to 500 KBytes on the site.  A few of the submissions suffered
in my not-so-humble-opinion from this process: if any of the contributors to
date have a problem with the compression I've used, lemme know and I'll back it
off a bit on your particular submission(s).

That URL again: http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/

Phase 2 will be the re-organization of the Gallery around individual
submitters, inclusion of all text information, mugshots of those submitters who
actually supplied 'em, and of course the additions of all the new submissions
since Phase 1.

Again, thanks to everyone for contributing.  For the new contributors (and the
old contributors who sent in Wave Two), your stuff is actually already on the
site, but until the re-organization nobody will be able to see it.  Soon, I
promise -- I'm just in the middle of maing a living these days...

List of contributors to date (in no particular order):

Greg Logiodice
Ulf Westerberg
Christine/Christopher Biggs
John Gardner
Thomas "Hank" Hogan
Dr. Matthew J. Cordery
Clive Warren
Gary Reese
John Petrush
Jeff Spirer
Ken Norton
Marc Simon
Robert Wastell
David Brown
Konrad Pizzuto
Volkhart Baumgaertner
Mahlon Haunschild
David Irisarri Vila
Miguel Irisarri Couso
Branko Turk

That makes 20 contributors, if my count is right.  Conspicuous by their absence
are any of our female members' efforts.  I for one would like to see some of
those, too.

Ciao for now, folks.

Garth Wood