Re: [OM] Lighting close up photos (+5 bodies)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lighting close up photos (+5 bodies)
From: The Family <fotolady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 01:12:42 -0400
>One excellant feature of these lights is that the filament is extremely
>bright, so if you use it on items that have been misted with water you get a
>very neat sparkling effect.

Hi Stuart,

We use the halogens to shoot rocks against false picture backdrops.
They come close to temp-compensated modeling lights when you pump up
the power supply voltage.

AND NOW,

>OLY CONTENT:
>   How does one stop purchasing Olympus camera bodies.??? ;-)  I seem to
>pick up a new camera with evey lense I buy.  I am now up to three OM10's, an
>OM20 and an OM2000.   Two bodies I can explain to my fiancee as required,
>one for black and white and one for colour,  but how can one explain five
>bodies....? 8-)  I usually just say, "its that olympus thing again"....
>Regards
>Stuart

Here's our excuse for 5 bodies:
  1) 800 Fuji and 60-300mm SP lens for zoo and backyard birds
  2) SFX 200 near IR film with 24mm/35mm/50mm Zuik's for big city pix
  3) TMAX 100 and 28-135mm SP Macro lens for general B&W
  4) 100 Fuji or Royal Gold with 19-35mm Series 1 for landscape
  5) 800 Fuji with Art O's old Vivitar 70-210mm Series 1 f2.8-4
     for general shooting.

The key is adding focal lengths to the film mix...fools' em everytime.
This is the usual travel set up.  Since there are 2 of us burning up
film, 5 cameras are easy to 'justify' and 2 people gotta have 2 bodies
for wildlife/zoo setups and 2 landscape bodies ready all the time.  That
means we're one body short :)    Looking for that mint OM2N

Jim and Barbara