Re: [OM] 28-35/70-100 Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] 28-35/70-100 Macro
From: The Family <fotolady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 00:44:04 -0400
At 07:01 AM 4/27/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Any suggestions for a Z lense (or brand X) that covers the range from
>around 28 to 35 mm up to around 70 to 100 mm WITH close focusing macro
>Patrick

Hi Patrick,

My suggestion (and favorite of 12 OM lenses in the bag) is the Tamron
28-135mm SP with Macro/f4-4.5.  This is the sharpest non-Zuiko lens I've
found in this range and price is around $200-225 everywhere.  It's the
closest thing to the 35mm and 50mm primes and rivals the 135mm/f3.5.

The macro collar is smooth and close focus gets down to 6-7 inches.
Add a 12mm or 20mm Auto Extention tube and you really get down there.

This is a heavy lens and is probably the reason it is no longer made.
I think it is heavier than the 60-300mm SP Macro f3.8-5.4 which is a
serious alternative to the Zuiko 65-200. (got one of those too)
You'll need the Adaptall-OM adapter.  67mm filter ring and twist lock
lens shade.  Only made with BBAR multicoating so you can't go wrong.

If you find a few laying around let me know.  My wife keeps borrowing mine
for her N70 and swapping out Adaptalls.

Good Luck,

Jim