[OM] Batteries for OM2S

Subject: [OM] Batteries for OM2S
From: Andre Goforth <goforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 21:16:55 -0700
Dear Olympus Users,

I know what kind of batteries for what OMxx has been thoroughly discussed
in the recent past here. However, I never thought I would own a OM2S. But
now I am stuck with one unless I take it back and say ouch!  So I never
noted just what batteries work in the OM2S. I am aware of the terrible
battery drain problem and the curse of the green LED when the flash is on.

The batteries in the OM2S I just took home today died. One is a Varta v76px
and a 386 Energizer.  This this kosher?  Can I use two Varta v76px
batteries without harm and have nominal meter operation? I vaguely recall
someone saying that there are some hearing aid batteries that work great.

Advice will be greatly appreciated.

Andre
San Carlos, CA