RE: [OM] Varimagnifinder Lost Magnification

Subject: RE: [OM] Varimagnifinder Lost Magnification
From: "Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom)" <ChungS@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 22:08:56 -0400
Hans V. wrote:-
>>I have a strange problem with my Varimagnifinder. When I attach it to
>>an OM-3 or OM-4 (not Ti's) I can only use the 1.2x magnification. When
>>I turn it into 2.5x, the subject gets completely blurred and there's no
>>way to get it into focus. When I attach it to an OM-2n, everything
>>seems to work as it is supposed to.

Sorry, I have no solutions for you, just sympathy.   My Varimagnifinder
has the same problem, except it doesn't focus at 2.5x on both OM4 and
OM1n.  The closests it gets to sharp focus at 2.5x is when it is mounted
on my Pentax.  I've given up using it at 2.5x.

In hindsight,  it is something I should have checked for before buying.

Regards
S.C.