[OM] My share of experience with OM-2s

Subject: [OM] My share of experience with OM-2s
From: George Ling <master@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:27:07 -0700
Shortly after the 2s came out (and I had a 2n then and still), I thought
*Wow, spot metering on camera ...neat!*  So, I bought one.

The first 2s had a defective circuit - the batteries would drain
themselves within two weeks while sitting in the closet. The second 2s
soon indicated potential disaster with film transport mechanism - and I
had to literally uncrank the supply spool (to slack it) everytime before
I advanced the film.  Finally, I said *enough is enough*....  Since
then, I just hang on to my 2n because it feels/sounds so good
mechanically - just like a Leica.

I am glad the many people on this distribution like their 2s.  May be it
was those early production-runs that gave people (and Olympus) so much
trouble.  If so, then William Rankin's 2s body could be one of those
early production-runs. Does anybody have information collerating 2s
serial numbers with their year of production?