Re: [OM] OM-4Ti in Germany

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti in Germany
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:32:55 +0200
wijsmuller@xxxxxx wrote:

 > A while back (maybe 6 months?) I saw an add in a German photo-magazin
 > from a mail-order company offering an OM-4Ti for DM 1999 ($1100). A
 > little later I read an article (not to well documented) that 'this
 > was the time' to buy equipment for low prices, because for some
 > price-war.
 >
 > Does any of the German members of this list know something about the
 > current new-price of an OM-4Ti? What about local prices? Any 'special
 > offerings' or mail-order prices?
 >
 > With a forthcoming price-raise, I might be tempted.
 >
 > Thanks in advance,
 >
 > Frank Wijsmuller,
 > The Netherlands.

Hi Frank,
slightly latish reply, but Easter came in the way.
A quick survey of 5 larger photo-dealers resulted in the following:
- 2 have it in store (and the 3Ti as well), all can order.
- Prices between DM 2400 and DM 2600 (US$1300-1400) for the body only.
- No special offers.
- One comment accompanied by an inquisitive look: 'This is an expensive
camera, you know?!'. Well, I wasn't wearing my best shoes I guess, just
an impression of the 'german service mentality'.
It seems, that mail-order may be the better way then (and you don't have
to change to write a mail too)!
Cheers,

Soenke, Hamburg