Re: [OM] OM2000 in Europe

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 in Europe
From: Robin Haskell-Thomas - Sun UK - IR <Robin.Haskell-Thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 09:09:13 +0100 (BST)
Ulf,

The OM2000 is available in Britain for around 235 uk pounds, body only,
which is US$393!  This may sound ludicrous to our US friends on this
list, but it is an absoulute snip compared to the pre-increase price of
the 4Ti in this country at US$2000. I've not seen any adverts for the
OM2000 from Olympus or even seen it listed in dealers adverts in the
magazines. I bought one to supplement my OM4Ti, and, as others have
reported, it doesn't feel built to last, but at a quarter of the cost
of th 4Ti it probably wouldn't. I have since bought a mint OM2S which I
find I use instead as I miss the ability to use exposure compensation
in third stops (for slides) on the OM2000.

Robin.