Re: [OM] Hi OLY Gang!-Price Increases!

Subject: Re: [OM] Hi OLY Gang!-Price Increases!
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 00:47:52 -0400
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 22:01:39 CDT you write:

>That should give you some idea of how the increases are being applied! now you
> can see why the demand for used pieces is going to escalate and scarcity will
> drive the prices up significantly. Remember too that owners are going to also
> want more to part with their equipment, adding fuel to the spiral! Paul.

Another, not entirely unlikely possibility, IMHO, is that lots of people
will see these price increases as the beginning of the end, and start
selling off their equipment and switching to Nikon or Canon.  If this
results in a glut of used Oly equipment on the market, I think used
prices will go down, not up.  Indeed, T20's and OM-4's seem to be
fetching lower prices on the used market now than they did a year ago.
Not by a lot, but enough to notice.

In fact, I've noticed a lot more "complete systems" for sale in the last
six months than ever before.  This might be because I've been looking
harder, though.

Cheers,
--Lee