[OM] Extension Tube Question

Subject: [OM] Extension Tube Question
From: "Deborah Kirsner" <dekphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 09:33:58 PDT
Thanks to all who responded to my 2N/4T debate.  I can't believe I'm
thinking of buying another body!  But I have yet another question which
I couldn't seem to find the answer to in either Shipman or the Olympus
Lens Book.  A few years ago, I bought a set of Olympus extension tubes.
The box says "extension tubes."  But now, when I was thinking of getting
another 25 tube, I notice there are "auto tubes."  Can anyone explain
the difference.  I actually have the 25 auto tube now via the equipment
brought into Glazers.  It is heavier that my other tube and has
something like a diaphragm (?).  Anybody know the difference and what it
does?  Thanks much.  Good to be active with you folks again!--Deborah