[OM] OM4T in cold weather

Subject: [OM] OM4T in cold weather
From: Marko Vrabec <marko.vrabec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 10:18:44 +0200
Dear fellow OManiacs,

I will leave for Spitsbergen in a week and would like to know if anybody
has experience and/or suggestions for using an OM4T in a temperature
range from -10 to -30 Celsius (14 to -22 Farenheit)?

I plan to take two camera bodies and many spare batteries. The likely
problematic scenarios are:
- bringing cameras from heated premises to the outside
- carrying cameras with me on a daytrip or several days' trip in
constant cold

When outdoors, I could carry cameras in a pocket inside my protective
clothing, but I suspect there would be condensation problems when I take
them out, especially since I will likely sweat.
Of course, spare batteries can be carried warm easily, but changing them
in gust wind and using heavy gloves is not really trivial...

Also, will there be problems with breaking of the film in the above
mentioned temperature range?

As a sidenote here I can mention that my friend, who is a renowned
Himalaya climber, was using  N*k*n F801 succesfully and happily on his
8000+m climbing expeditions. Therefore, I hope my little black wonders
will not let me down either  :o)

Best regards,

Marko Vrabec,
Department of Geology, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia