[OM] long time no write!

Subject: [OM] long time no write!
From: Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 15:22:52 +0200
Hi all!

I`ve just waded through 1,8 Mb og Olympus stuff - and figured that it was
time to write as well as read, and give a small update on me and my olys.

Due to a completely unacceptable job situation, I have switched jobs -
staying in the same business of graphic design/dtp, but this time I will
(hopefully) learn something. My new employer is a master of typography,
which means I will receive training in all those wonderful proggies:
photoshop, illustrator, quarkxpress and pagemaker. Hurrah! Garth, is your
photo gallery still open? I hope to be able to scan some images pretty
soon, both from my EE2 and OMs!

Photowise I have been doing quite a lot of work lately; boring subjects
can`t be made too exciting, even with excellent cameras. I have been
finishing off my last rolls of Kodak IR-slide; unfortunately, I think that
the film is showing signs of ageing (and no wonder) so I`m considering
experimenting a bit with the last two rolls. And then I shall start working
on the new batch.

Most of the pics I`ve taken this winter/spring have been of my litter of
four gorgeous kittens; they are no longer quite so cute (small terrors, is
a more apt term) and I`m looking forward to getting rid of the last one. ;-)

As for the EE-2, I recently shot a roll of colour negative 200 asa/24 pics
with it (and managed to pay the same price as for a normal 24!). I think
I`ll stick to 400 asa films until the weather is more reliable
(lighting-wise).

I did a fun job with my OM-4, though, challenging concert which was
back-lit only and loads of smoke. I managed to expose on what little
lighting was on the vocalist`s face and not all the shots were silhouttes.
I hope the b/w shots will show more, though, colour neg film is not my
preferred when it comes to concert photos!

I better get through the remaining 400+ mails... of this list... haven`t
counted the IR-list stuff yet... ;-)

take care,

Siri.

mailto:sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx fone: +47 9010 4635 fax: +47 9030 6420