[OM] Lens Comparison Test Procedure

Subject: [OM] Lens Comparison Test Procedure
From: ONLYOLY BW <ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 00:27:49 EST
I would like to come up with a procedure to test my own lenses against each
other at Close-up / Macro ranges of 0.5X to 1x mag.  I would like to test both
Flat and 3-D objects.  Here are some of my questions.  All testing will be
done on a Kaiser copy stand with a OM 4T.

Should I use flash, the lamps or take it outside?
What slide film should I use?
Is Sensia 100 OK or should I go to 25 ASA?
What subject should I use for flat?
What subject should I use for 3-D?
Should the subject be Black & White or Color?
What do the professional labs use?
Evaluation can be done with a Peak 4X loupe and light table or should I borrow
a 8X or 10X?
I could scan them into Photoshop?
Should I mount the slides or leave them uncut?
What should I look for in the slides?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and a fun project for this weekend.
For those interested, I plan to compare my 50mm macro's both f3.5 &f2.0 w/
25mm Ext tube,135mm & 80mm macro with 65-116 auto tube, Vivitar Series 1 90mm
w/1:1 adapter, 65-116 auto tube with 200mm f4,135 f2.8 100mm f2.8 and 85 f
2.0.  I will also try a 2Xa converter with various Tele lenses.
WOW this may take more than a weekend!
Please give me some ideas.
Thanks, BW