[OM] Much Needed NEW Oly Topic

Subject: [OM] Much Needed NEW Oly Topic
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 21:08:10 -0800
A couple of weeks ago a battery pack was discussed.  I believe that it
was intended to supply power to the camera itself during cold weather
etc.  That weekend I attended a camera show outside Washington, DC and
found a new (but not boxed or identified) Olympus battery pack that I
had never seen before and thought was the one for cold weather.  I
purchased
it, because it was Oly-and I didn't have one I guess.  I is about 5"
long and 3/4" square and has a soft plastic case that the pack slides
into, and has about a 3' cord.  I don't see how it could be the camera
battery augment pack because it uses 4 AA cells and the plug fits the
socket at the base of the Winder 2.  I don't remember ever seeing this
item listed in any documentation.
  Any ideas other than a cold weather battery pack for a Winder 2 ?
Rand E.