Re: [OM] UK Lense sale

Subject: Re: [OM] UK Lense sale
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 21:34:28 GMT
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:23:16 +0000, you wrote:

>See what you mean about Jessops being not your favourite store, asked them
>for details after phoning up about 4 times (no answer), she sounded
>sceptical that the lenses did exist and if they did she thought they were
>non-zuiko (Americans note this is the standard of service you get in the UK
>its REALLY bad).  They will phone me back if they have the ones I wanted
>(wanna bet!)
>Think I'll buy new from the US in future.
>Rather pay more to get decent service, at least they WANT to sell you
>stuff.
>In Britain you have to beg for it, same everywhere you go.
>Any similar experiences?

I've had very good experiences with one branch of Jessops (Glasgow)
but very bad at another (Manchester). In the latter they were trying
to pass off OM2-n's that should never have been for sale, e.g. one
with a non-working shutter in manual mode, and at inflated prices too.

I've had very good service (knowledgeable and helpful) from the Crewe
Camera Exhange group at several of their branches. As a frequent
business visitor to the US before I retired, I have to say that
*service* in that country is generally of a different order. We (in
the UK) are far too diffident to COMPLAIN!

Regards
--
John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)