Re: [OM] Re: 180mm f2 auction

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 180mm f2 auction
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 15:00:05 -0600
>Frank & Company, just to clarify;  the lens I have is new in the box
>(steel case) with 2 keys and has never been used. The $3800 asking price
>is less than the dealer cost of $4269, and the suggested retail of $7763.
>Even the B&H guys don't have one of these!  I doubt seriously if I had any
>affect on the sale of the other person's lens. Paul.

And I was scared of spending $150 (us) on a 200/2.8.

Who are these people who can afford to spend that kind of money on this type
of lens?  Is it THAT good?  Will it compose the picture by itself?  Ah! it
must be autofocus--that's it!  No?   Oh, it comes with a OM-4Ti attached!  I
knew there was something special about a $7700 lens.

Ken Norton