Re: [OM] very little OM content (was Olympus in Tokyo)

Subject: Re: [OM] very little OM content (was Olympus in Tokyo)
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 18:53:31 +1100 (EST)
 Gary Reese wrote...

snip

>John P.'s commentary on the Darlington is a great case in point
>illustrating the
>herd principle of folks following what appears to be the choices of the
>masses.  Microsoft's product dominance with MS Office suite applications would
>be a parallel comparison in computing.  Only the rebels, die hards, price
>conscious, uninformed, and other hard to market types buck the trend and use
>competing products and fight (or ignore) the "fear, uncertainty and doubt"
>that Microsoft's marketing machine instills upon us.

Hear! Hear!

I use Macintosh and always will....

I use Olympus OM and (I hope) always will....

Like they say, "Only Dead Fish Go With the Flow"

Long Live Macintosh and Long Live OM

More importantly, long live the kind of Spirit and the Passion that saw
them created in the first place. Can you see anyone at Microsoft coming up
with a product like Jobs/Wozniack with the Mac, or Maitani with the OM
concept? Imagine the energy and passion that these guys had to put into
getting their ideas and dreams accepted by the "suits" and "bean counters"
who said "It'll never work, can't be done, no-one else does it like this".

The Apple "Think Different" campaign sums it all up for me, and is equally
applicable to what Maitani achieved.

The bloated Microsoft Monopoly is simply a giant money making exercise that
seems to lack passion and imagination. So when does Bill buy the Internet?

I'll step off my soap box now and hide in a corner (with my mac and OM
toys) while all you Windoze people hurl abuse at us "different" Mac users.
Besides, it's all Gary's fault for firing me up.....

peter