Re: [OM] Olympus in Tokyo

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus in Tokyo
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:28:12 -0500
I just want everyone to know that my suitcases arrived safely yesterday.
Delta Airlines delivered them to my house.  The problem on Tuesday night
was that there was only a short time between the arrival of my flight from
Portland, Oregon to Cincinnati, Ohio and the departure of my connecting
flight to Baltimore.  We passengers seemed to have made the connection, but
the luggage did not.  There were a few others besides me who were at the
Delta luggage handling office at BWI on Tuesday night, and all of us came
from Portland.  For those of you who are wondering, I flew from Tokyo to
Portland to Cincinnati to Baltimore.  I saw my luggage in Portland when I
had to go through the customs.  Since my purchases in Japan exceeded the
$400 limit, the customs officer wanted me to open my suitcase.  He just
perused the content of my suitcase which included the OM box containing the
Zuiko 85mm/2.

Yesterday I was happily unpacking this lens and other items from my two
suitcases.

Since I did receive a couple of private e-mails concerning this temporary
loss of my luggage, I thought I'd better let you know the happy ending.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-