Re: [OM] 2-13 Focusing Screen at Yodobashi

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-13 Focusing Screen at Yodobashi
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 07:40:33 -0500
 Toshihiro Sugimoto <sugimoto@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

>At [Fri, 20 Mar 1998 00:19:51 EST], You wrote:
>> From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> I am wondering how the Feb 98 brochure lists prices of the 90mm macro and
>> the OM-3Ti/4Ti.
>
>The 90mm macro still remains the same in prices on the latest
>brochure.
>
>>                   According to the Olympus Web site price list, updated in
>> March, 1998, the OM-3Ti is still at 20,000 yen and the OM-4Ti is at 18,000
>> yen.  The street price of the 3Ti appears to be about 14,0000 yen. (30%
>> discount) and that of the 4Ti is about 13,500 yen.  I got these street
>> prices from an ad in the March issue of Asahi Camera.
>
>Hey, Tomoko-san, OM bodies are not so cheap! :-) Please multiply by
>10.

I wrote my last e-mail about midnight in Baltimore, and it seems I had
recovered from a jet lag already!

Actually you should not multiply all the prices I mentioned by 10.

The following should be correct:

OM-3Ti: list, 200,000yen   street 140,000yen
OM-4Ti: list, 180,000yen   street 135,000yen

The average exchange rate to the US dollar is 130yen to the dollar.  I'll
let you know how much I actually paid for my 85mm/2 lens when my credit
card statement arrives.

Toshi also wrote:
>Visiting a home page of Sanpou camera localted at Meguro, you will find
>that they sell a new OM-3Ti at 125,000yen ($962US).
>Try <http://www.sanpou.co.jp/SA/TM.cgi?config=prol.dat>.
>
>Does anyone dare to buy a RT ticket for a Oly pick up tour to Tokyo?
Remember that the US resident has to pay duty over one's purchase over
$400.  Therefore the duty will be $56.20. (10%).  The OM-3Ti price then
becomes $1018.20.

My round-trip ticket to Narita from BWI was $931.  However, one can find a
cheaper flight than this, and particularly for those on the West Coast, a
round trip to Japan to do sightseeing and Oly shopping may not be such a
wild idea.

I should also point out that there are plenty of second-hand camera stores
in Tokyo one might want to visit, which I did not have time to do.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-