RE: [OM] Zuiko lenshood crossref version 2

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko lenshood crossref version 2
From: "Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom)" <ChungS@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 20:17:51 -0500
Jim T. wrote
>>>Also, according the the same table by Olympus, the 35-80/f2.8 lens hood is
>>>spe
>>>cified
>>>as 'two nailed byonet' hood - sorry for the poor translation here.  From
>>>the
>>>advertisement photo of the 35-80/f2.8 zoom the hood looks like
>>>flower-shaped
>>>one.  Can't tell whether it is metal.

To which R. Lee H. replied
>>Humm... I really need to know if it is slip on or screw in, and size
>>before I add it to the list.

>The following URL includes a picture of the 35-80/f2.8 Zuiko
http://www.accesscamera.com/wwwaccess/queries/products.asp?smfg=OLY&styp
e=LNS&smodel=35 080F20.000000E+008
but the description states that the lens hood is built in - which I
think is incorrect.

You can see from the picture that that the lens hood mount is indeed
bayonet style (ala S*gm* etc).  On that basis would it not be sufficient
to say that the lens hood for this zoom is Olympus Tulip style bayonet
(sp?) mount?  Pity Olympus don't make any screw in Tulip shape lens
hoods for their wide to super-wide angle lenses.

Regards