RE: [OM] OM2S

Subject: RE: [OM] OM2S
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:26:55 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx <mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx>
Till: sal piro <smp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Kopia: olympus mail list <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 25 februari 1998 16:36
Ämne: Re: [OM] OM2S

>I have a -2S book, so I can help out with any other questions you may have
>about the camera body.

Is it the "Olympus OM-2 Spot/Program" by Michael Huber and published by
Hove~Fountain Books? This is a great book, although mine is in pocket format
and very nearly worn out.

To Sal I would like to add that although the program mode is very useful for
snapshots, the real delight of this camera is the manual/spot mode. In this
mode OM-2S(P) functions in the well-tried subsequent (continously) spot
measuring mode, which I think is superior to most other spot systems where
usually only one fixed reading is taken when a spot button is depressed.
According to at least one member of this list (can´t remember who) the new
low-priced maual OM-2000 also has the same kind of spot system, but this I
can´t verify. Spot measuring means that OM-2S(P) measures virtually only the
very centre of the viewfinder frame, more precisely it measures over that area
which is described by the outer edge of the microprism ring which corresponds
to about 20f the entire frame. Since this is done continously (as long as the
light meter is activated) you can very easy see the effect on the meter values
when you are spot measuring differently lit areas of the subject. I think the
spot/manual mode also are very useful in super tele photography, when the
subject often more or less just fills the microprism disc.

Per Nordenberg