RE: [OM] OM2S

Subject: RE: [OM] OM2S
From: "Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom)" <ChungS@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:25:24 -0500
>Sal wrote;
>>I just bought an OM2S and have acouple of questions.
>>
>>How does the program mode work? Do I put the aperture to the highest setting
>>(i.e. f32) and it will use what it feels is correct.
Not sure, I always thought it was aperture priority program mode. Don't
own one myself.

>>Also I think it was brought up previously but is the shutter is alot noisier
>>that the OM1/OM4?
        Well at least one British bike riding member of this list enjoys the
shutter sound of this particular camera, when not playing with his
recently acquired bellows, describing it as very sexy (the shutter sound
that is:-)   On that basis (dependant on your idea of a sexy sounding
shutter) it should be quieter than both OM4 and OM1 shutters which I
feel are conspicously noisy and not attractive in the least.

>>Is the green flash indicator mean that the power is derived
>>from the flash?
        According to a previous post by John H., this indicates that the camera
batteries are supplying the power.  An Olympus/Camtech modification (if
still available?) would switch this to red and flash battery powered
respectively.

>>I bought the OM2S, a T32 and a winder1 for $250 was this s good price?
        Unless that outfit has been thrashed to within an inch of its life, it
does sound like a good pick up to me even for the US market.  The camera
alone goes for around $270US here in Australia.

Regards
S.C.