Re: [OM] low light exposures (was)Re: [OM] Olympus Calendar

Subject: Re: [OM] low light exposures (was)Re: [OM] Olympus Calendar
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 21:34:54 -0500
Kodak's PPF-400 film displays favorable reciprocity characteristics.  It is
about a full stop after two minutes - two stops after 5 or 6.  At least its
fairly predictable.  It is my standard astrophotography film.

One of the folks on the Astrophotographers mailing list is completing a test
of 37 different films, measuring reciprocity failure as a key metric.  The
other main factor is sensitivity at different wavelengths.  Its not an
exacting scientific study, but his method seems valid.  If the group is
interested I'll cross-post his findings here.

John P

<snipitty - snip....>

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx