Re: [OM] Battery cover coin? Send them ALL in!

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery cover coin? Send them ALL in!
From: "L.J. Clark" <ljclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 11:45:21 -0800
Gary Schloss wrote:

> Frank van Lindert wrote:
>
> >Tomoko Yamamoto wrote:
> >>
> >>Do you think [Olympus] should have included a 50-yen coin in every
> >>camera kit they export?
> >
> >That would be a great marketing idea, Tomoko.
> >
> >But this brings me to another great idea.
> >Let's start an experimental research project to establish what is the
> >best fitting coin for the different Olympus cameras, grips, etcetera.
> >I will volunteer to do the field work [and] will publish the results
> >on this list, of course. [...]
> >
> >You may start sending your money (coins only, please) right now.
> >Pls send as many as possible, but only ones that are still in use!
>
> The spirit of volunteerism on this list is simply amazing! I'd like
> to contribute to this important research project by completing the
> part that FvL inadvertently left out -- the banknotes.
>
> Soooo, pls send me your local, currently valid banknotes (in large
> denominations, pls), and I will report to the list on my experiments
> (probably, from my new digs in Beverly Hills).

Sometimes my fellow Olympoids amaze me.  Nothing personal, but I
think that the solutions from Gary and Frank don't really offer
a complete solution.  Likewise, they do little to (1) recognize
other brand/model cameras that may be hanging around the house
stuffed into the center consoles of Suburbans, or (2) the need
for ALL members of the list to share in the coin/screwdriver
solution.

Therefore, if all of you would send enough of your favorite
coin(s) to equip everyone on the list (about 300, with the
digesters thrown in) to me, along with about $3 US, I'll be
happy to surface mail a complete "Olympus Coin Solution Kit"
to all the other members of the list.  Any duplicate entries
(such as two members submitting Canadian nickels) will be
used to cover my considerable administrative costs.

v/r,
Larry (Total Solution) Clark

P.S.  I'm surprised Gary didn't pick up on my earlier post
about the Colorado River and diving naked into the mud
after rare Olympus parts.
#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx