Re: [OM] Battery cover coin?

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery cover coin?
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 11:50:06 -0800
Richard Schaetzl is Curious about:

>Which are the best fiting Japanese Yen coins for the OM battery covers?
>
>I found out that for OM and XA body covers, MD and battery, a 10 Krónur
>coin from Island fits best. It is also good for attaching the Camera
>Grip 1 to OM-4/Ti,3/Ti,2SP.
>The Bounce Grip 2 needs definitly a smaller size coin.

I recommend the use of ancient Greek or Roman coins. Their primitive
manufacturing process is the key here, as the resulting coins have
uneven thickness -- hence different parts of their rim can fit a
multitude of various battery covers.

Availability may be a problem, but can be solved by snorkeling to the
bottom of the Mediterranean, participation in an archeological dig, or
a break in in the British Museum in London.

Pls contact Rand E. Tomcala, our resident numismatic expert, for further
information. Besides his above expertise, Rand'sproximity to Washington,
DC may also be useful in making the necessary contacts to plan the
potential British Museum break in.

(Of course, robbing Rand's own place would get you the coins, AND also
give you access to an unspeakable wealth of rare and valuable OM/Zuiko
gear, but I certainly don't advocate fellonious acts against a fellow
Olympian/Zuik.)

;-) ;-) times 10, in case anyone doubts it.

Good luck,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx