RE: [OM] Mid-Atlantic Oly Fest - Macro lens choice

Subject: RE: [OM] Mid-Atlantic Oly Fest - Macro lens choice
From: "Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom)" <ChungS@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 19:24:15 -0500
Hmmm.... ,
        Apologies to John G. but David B's version of your meeting seems to be
more plausible.
What would be the reason for Olympus folk meeting in the restaurant
carpark , rather than in the restaurant itself? (where your chances of
bumping into Ken Norton increase significantly I might add :-)

Methinks the answer is:- standover tactics are better practised in the
carpark! (apologies to John G. once again)

Anyhow, where I work, there is a fellow who has also a vast array of
desirable Oly equipment.  Prior to purchasing an OM4, and T32, said
fellow brought in his OM4 and 65-116 auto tube for me to check out and
loaned me his T32 manual to boot.  This, as well as his learned advice
helped me decide on my eventual purchases.

Re: macro photography using OM system.  I've been thinking about getting
the auto bellows and a 1 to 1 macro lens, or 65-116 auto tube, but now I
am thinking maybe I should save for a T*mr*n SP 90MM F2.8 1:1 macro lens
in adaptall mount instead.  I currently use my P*nt*x  with S*gm*  zoom
macro to get 1:2 macro shots of small flowers, insects and my tropical
fish.   I'd like to get down to 1:1 magnification, any advice re: pros
and cons of T*mr*n vs Zuiko based alternatives?

Regards
S.C.

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx