Re: [OM] OT: Throttled speed on ethernet extender

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Throttled speed on ethernet extender
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 18:45:12 -0700
On 2024-01-10 17:44, usher99--- via olympus wrote:

Update:  I hope everyone isn't bored.
I now have a gigabit switch. Behavior is the same. In review when I plugged the Vera directly into the "extender"---MOCA PLUS wifi broadcaster with coax backhaul to the main router---- speeds dropped to 10/10 wired and wifi. I finally tried unplugging the Vera from the switch and left everything else plugged in and speeds were about 300/100 for a few minutes then dropped to 10/10 again!!!! Arghh. If I just plug my laptop into the ethernet port on the "extender" with no switch box plugged into it, speeds are fast. I have no clue what is going on but perhaps the Verizon MOCA adapter will fix it having its own coax route back to the router. The first tech support person sent me a new "extender" and I dropped off the old one at a Verizon store, but it behaved the same way. The old extender did not do that so perhaps it something with these devices. This problem is above my pay grade. Worst case scenario suppose could run ethernet cable form the router and fish to the switch but that would take a month to get someone here and probably 300 bucks or so. Any ideas?
Confuse a Mike
--

Maybe I should fly out to MA and check it out for you? Is there anything on the wifi network that could be causing the extender to drop speed?

shrugging WayneS