Re: [OM] News from Topaz

Subject: Re: [OM] News from Topaz
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 10:05:49 -0700
At 11/26/2023 03:50 PM, you wrote:

>This time of year it is cheaper to get an upgrade package but no upgrades to
>Sharpen AI or Denoise are in the works so save your money for a year worth of
>upgrades as none are coming.  There is an unfixed bug in sharpen AI with my
>OS that slows it down.  There should be an update to Gigapixel within a
>couple months though --so says Topaz.  Seems they are putting their efforts
>into Photo AI though I haven't liked the lack of ability to fine tune the
>results.
>
>Not good news, Mike

Topaz studio is a fun tool to play with. I became disappointed when they
discontinued support for that. Photoshop has added some interesting
alternatives to some of the features with the new neural filters.

With modern photos taken decently I don't need the power of photo AI as Denoise
seems to do most of what I need. Only my older photos and badly taken photos do
I ever use sharpen AI and even though I have Photo AI I don't use it.

Some of my topaz studio images:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAvWiU
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NtM2FdoSjLnsA7Cd7

It feels like Topaz Labs is betting on tools that others are also providing.
Studio was unique.

Disappointed WayneS