[OM] Nathan's PAD 11/8/2023: Rzeszów, contre-jour

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 11/8/2023: Rzeszów, contre-jour
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 07:08:56 +0200
Earlier this month I spent a few days in Rzeszów, the largest city in
south-eastern Poland, located less than 100 km from the Ukraine border. For
that reason, the city has become a major transit point for western military aid
for Ukraine, with about 30 flights a day landing at the local airport with
military hardware and other supplies. Ukrainian soldiers are also being trained
in nearby military bases. The only sign of all this were some Patriot batteries
just outside Rzeszów airport, pointing east. In the city itself, life is
entirely normal, no different from when I was last there 5 years ago. The
purpose of the trip was also the same: my wife and her bridge partner Curra
were playing in an international bridge tournament. In the meantime I explore
Rzeszów on foot, and the surrounding countryside in the rental car. I am still
working on the many photos I took, but here is one that I particularly liked, a
late afternoon scene from Rzeszów main square, Rynek:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-3FbmQCP/A

Much more to come.

Cheers,
Nathan