[OM] Monumento al Infinito

Subject: [OM] Monumento al Infinito
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 19:42:37 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Here is one more shot from LaPalma.  I lost the tiff file and uprez'd a small
jpeg.  I had tried free transform to align the stacked sky to the foreground,
but it is not perfect.  I have been stacking the raw files with Sequator but
that results in some distortion correction that is not matched to the long
exposure foreground.  Will probably redo with sky replacement.
An astrophysicist I had contacted recommended seeing what this monument looked
like.  (If you throw a stone on LaPalma you will hit at least two
astrophysicists).  The path was very overgrown as they had had few visitors due
to Covid.  It was in a bit of a wind shadow, so we didn't freeze as much on
this outing.  The monument is a kind of wheel planosphere and points to the
circumpolar constellations Ursa Major and Cassiopeia. The sky glow from
Tenerife was diminished by the cloud inversion layer.  I rather liked the
effect.

https://www.olyendomike.com/La-Palma-2022/i-7FBtwTt/A

When does he sleep, Mike