[OM] Re: 420 and 25/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: 420 and 25/2.8
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:53:47 -0400
Cc: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
> I'm pretty sure some cameras are correcting CA and vignetting in-camera,
> and probably vignetting. Can't be long before somebody is correcting
> linear distortion.
>

> So where is the line?
>
> Moose

Once gain, I'm with moose. The last firmware for the D3 and D300 included CA
correction and I'm not 100 per cent with that.  Although I'm glad it fixes some
flaws, I'm old enough that I think that's the province of lens designers, not
computer guys.

I thini that we have gone from making the best lens possible  to making the
software that can fix the lens designers mistakes. That's just plain wrong.

Bill Pearce