Re: [photo] Re: [OM] OM-2S + OM-3 anyone?

Subject: Re: [photo] Re: [OM] OM-2S + OM-3 anyone?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:27:49 +1000
I think you've nailed it there - the default option on almost every local site is to sell to that national destination alone. This allows rookie sellers not to get caught with buyers in in destinations that cause problems, like Indonesia. My bugbear is that I have to list on the US site or potential US buyers will not see my item, unless they know to do an advanced search and specify 'any country.' I got suckered into a local 'free listing' day and it cost me a fortune - almost no US bidders. Paypay and Bidpay are easier for Germany, etc., than they are here - as they now do payments in GBP and Euro. I have to wait for a month for a Bidpay order to clear, and that's after it took two weeks to get here. And why does Paypal charge me an extra 1 0eposit fee for being a furriner when I've received money from a merkin and spent it with a merkin - the money never left Florida cyberspace!
END RANT
AndrewF

Don't always believe what the eBay page says - the seller has usually
just "chosen" the default choice. I've found 950f individuals and 60%
of businesses will ship to Canada if you "Ask the seller a question."

I've found the main problem with buying from Europe is the cost of
sending money, especially to Germany. I think paypal has eased that,
though I haven't used it yet for that purpose.

tOM

On Friday, September 19, 2003 at 10:45
NSURIT@xxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 In a message dated 9/19/2003 9:40:43 AM Central Standard Time,
 md@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
 > Yes, and besides that, they will only ship within Germany.  Anybody have

 any
 > idea why many, if not most, German ebayers will only ship within
> Germany?
 Same reason many American's will only ship within the USA.
                 -mark
 Me thinks it is something other than that.  There seems to be a
 disproportionate number in Germany who say Germany only.  I have shipped
 all over the world and really don't understand someone's reluctance to do
 so.  I must admit that most, although not all, of my international
 shipping has been done to list members.  Knock on wood, I've never had a
problem either with insured or uninsured packages. Bill Barber ---- Abacurial Information Management Consultants ----
Tom A. Trottier, President              http://abacurial.com
758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633 fax:+1 775 307-4133
        -- Benjamin Franklin