[OM] Happiness is a fast lens and Image Stabilization

Subject: [OM] Happiness is a fast lens and Image Stabilization
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 00:53:53 -0700
Friday night's Northern Lights display in Seattle area was more than met the eye.  The ambient light level in the city and suburbs was such that with the naked eye, we only saw a fraction of what was really there. But hey, that's why we have fast lenses and slow shutter speeds. And that comparatively recent wonder, image stabilization. If ya got 'em, use 'em.  In a way, I.S. was better than a tripod, as it freed me to move about and quickly shoot wherever I saw a hint of green or red.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/53717828075/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/53717398586/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/53716488292/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/53717607018/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/53716488302/in/dateposted-public/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/53716488287/in/dateposted-public/>

The first five shots were taken in a nearby park, where we could get a bit away from street lights. The last one was taken from my driveway. I sent it to my neighbors and told them I'd seen a ghost over their house.  ;-)

Olympus E-M1 Mark II, Panasonic 20/1.7, wide open, ISO 1600, exposures of 1 or 2 seconds.  Enjoy!

--Peter