Re: [OM] It's been a while, but how about Battery Talk?

Subject: Re: [OM] It's been a while, but how about Battery Talk?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:17:21 -0500
Deal.  I'll email you off-list

On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 2:02 PM Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a slew of these, one each:
> Olympus
> Progo
> Wasabi
> Newmowa
> Powerextra
>
> I used all of them back when I had E-M5 Is and IIs. All were working then,
> although one (Progo??) had lower capacity. I
> can't test them now, as I have no camera body to fit them.
>
> Also, three of the ubiquitous third party chargers. These are particularly
> good on the road, as they may be run directly
> off 12v vehicle outlets.
>
> All yours for the asking. (Otherwise, my heirs will throw them away in the
> [far] future.)
>
> Power Up Moose
>
> On 4/30/2024 10:36 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> > I thought I was done with BLN-1's when my EM-5 mk 1 bit the dust in Rome.
> >
> > But now that I have an EM-1 to keep my EM-5 mk iii company in the bag...
> > I'm back to needing batteries. The original BLN-1's I have now have
> quite a
> > few years and some mileage, so I want to start fresh.
> >
> > Anyone use the recent Wasabi batteries, and what is your experience? With
> > Wasabi at roughly $10 a pop and the Oly battery going for $54 each, you
> can
> > understand the appeal...
> >
> > Thanks. I'm heading up to Schnozz Country at the end of May and want to
> > make sure I have ample power.
> >

> --
> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline
www.ARnewsline.org <http://www.arnewsline.org>
Certified Music Junkie

"Never follow anyone. Be your own hero." -- Neil Peart

"The Fountain of Youth is a state of mind" -- The Ides of March, "Age
Before Beauty"

"Deep inside we're all the same." -- Dennis DeYoung/Styx