[OM] OT: Throttled speed on ethernet extender

Subject: [OM] OT: Throttled speed on ethernet extender
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 23:45:50 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
I know there is much computer expertise on this list.  I knew I should not have
tried Verizon tech support on a Sunday and indeed got a lightweight person.  I
perhaps figured out a possible solution w/o them.
I have FIOS and updated my router and extender which is has a wired backhaul to
the router via Coax.  I have a relatively recent ethernet switch plugged into
the extender with 6 devices. I had no trouble with the wifi speeds on the old
extender but that one is not compatible with the new router /modem.  Now I have
wifi 6 and 6E fine on the router but if I plug in the switchbox to the extender
the speed is down to 10 Mbits per sec within a couple minutes.  I think the
culprit is the Vera controller as if I directly plug it into the second
LAN/ethernet port on the extender the speed goes right down on the extender to
10mbps again whether wifi or hard wired to my laptop. A few weeks ago I called
with the same issue and they sent me a new extender which obviously had no
effect--before I tried unplugging the ethernet switch (10/100 type).  I don't
know why the new extender is fussier and I need the wifi to be faster.  Perhaps
if I give the culprit device its own path back to the router with the below
gizmo all will be well???  (MoCa Ethernet adapter)
http://tinyurl.com/mrbh8nvf

I would need a 3 way splitter MoCa 2.5 compatible and obviously the signal
strength will be down, but I trust good enough?  Tech support had no idea but
said sales might be willing to wave the charges.
Fast as greased lightening on one side of the house and pokey parkway on the
other,  Mike