Re: [OM] Another OM 4 question

Subject: Re: [OM] Another OM 4 question
From: John Hermanson <jhermanson21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 17:04:50 -0400
Make sure SS dial is not on B/60.   Lens should be mounted if trying to
light meter with release button, otherwise it should just turn on by
switching between manual and auto.  If meter does not come on at all, I
wouldn't put too much hope into getting it fixed.

On Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 2:51 PM Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I recently came across an OM-4 That I must have bought on eBay at some
> point and forgotten about. It is not functioning correctly. Nothing in
> the viewfinder lights up, although the shutter does fire. I have no idea
> whether the meter is working properly other than testing it with film.
>
> Is the lack of a viewfinder display something that can be repaired, or
> is this something that falls into the category of a defective meter
> circuit that can not be fixed because replacement parts are unavailable?
>
> ----- Larry Woods
> --

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.