[OM] Bay of Fundy joint image

Subject: [OM] Bay of Fundy joint image
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 21:03:54 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Marnie dutifully went through the whole procedure she trained to do despite it
clouding up by the time we got back to the "flower pot" classic stacks. The
tide was coming in the second night but it momentarily cleared over that stack
enough to see the MW, so I ran back at least to stack the sky just before we
left.  We had to skedaddle within 5 minutes as the tide was coming up on an
area we needed to traverse to get off the beach, so I skipped the foreground.
My stacked foreground had less detail with blocked shadows. Marnie had hers and
it was taken just a few feet away, so the MW is accurately placed.  I suppose
it is a fake composite of sorts but still was accurate enough to meet my
standards.  The PL 9/1.7 is compatible with starry sky autofocus but is very
touchy to manually focus for the foreground.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Bay-of-Fundy-2023/i-72d2HWG/A

The mask for the sky isn't perfect but it is a very difficult process with all
the tree branches.

Fundy Mike