[OM] More moiré

Subject: [OM] More moiré
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 00:01:33 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
More images from the trip are welcome.

<<As Panasonic does not use any effective physical AA filter on the
<<sensor, it does the antialiasing as part of the image-processing
<<chain. Why would this be different with one lens?

Wow, you are a star engineer and will defer to others with such skills.  I
never heard of Panny doing anything funny baked into the files on this issue.
Probably too resource intensive for correction in cam.  A classic way to remove
pattern noise like moiré is a notch filter in the frequency domain.
A modest gaussian blur is undoubtedly fine too.  I have no clue how the moiré
slider in LR works but it does. They don't say anywhere either that I can find.
 There is an antialiasing filter in Premier
for video clips though have never used it.  Why one lens would be different is
a mystery.

Mysteries abound but pleased the Schnozz is posting, Mike