Re: [OM] EDM-1 Mk1

Subject: Re: [OM] EDM-1 Mk1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 09:57:22 -0900
WayneS wrote:
> Would love to meet the new self. Hopefully the old photog is now a new photog.

The new photographer is contemplating some kit changes. We'll see.
I've spent a ton of money on the music stuff this year, but amazingly
enough it has all paid for itself twice over! I'm making much more
money with music than with photography. But I haven't slept much
either. 100+ hour weeks do take their toll after a while. Regardless,
I think I'm done spending huge amounts of money on music stuff for the
moment other than for a new controller. My latest synth purchase
pretty much ended any desire for other synths.

When I auditioned, the guy asked "WHEN did you start DJing????" And I
said that the first time I touched a controller in my life was in
April. But I've put in so many hundreds of hours of dedicated,
focused, and deliberate effort into it that I wanted to hit the ground
running at a certain level of expertise. It's the hardest thing I've
ever done as an adult. My mentor/teacher is the top DJ in the state,
and I DJ in a club in the most intense format possible.

I still can't scratch without embarrassing myself though.

AK DJ Schnozz