Re: [OM] Gold Creek Pond

Subject: Re: [OM] Gold Creek Pond
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 11:02:58 -0400
On 10/18/2022 5:07 AM, Peter Klein wrote:
This is a favorite place of ours. A beautiful pond surrounded by the Cascade Mountains, just east of Snoqualmie Pass summit. You don't have to be a super hiker to get there and enjoy it. We celebrated my wife's birthday there this time. The area had only a little of the wildfire smoke that has been choking the Seattle area the past couple of weeks. And I bagged this shot.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/52436706939/in/dateposted-public/>

Very peaceful and pleasing to the eye.

Quite a contrast to what we've been seeing. All speculation about the likely effect of the New England summer drought aside, fall color in Maine turned spectacular over the last couple of weeks. Almost as good now in the Boston area. A visual feast of multiple shades of reds, oranges, yellow and gold all over the place!

Leica M10-P and Voigtlander 50/1.2. Enjoy!

I have to share one more thing. The pictured spot is a favorite backdrop for wedding and engagement photos. Just before we left, a young couple and their equally young female photographer arrived for a shoot. As we watched them, we realized that this was neither of the above. It was a "we're having a baby" shoot. The mother-to-be was all decked out in a full-length green velvet gown. The father-to-be was a burly, bearded, "Real Northwest Man" kind of guy wearing shorts and a black T-shirt. Further observation determined that the photographer was as pregnant as her subject. I have no pictures of this potential parallelism of baby bumps, as I'm a nice guy, not a predatory paparazzo. I will say that everyone present had a good laugh over the situation.

I'd have offered to take pix of the three of them, maybe even an action shot of one photoing two, with their camera, in exchange for a couple with my camera. Usually works.

Get the Shot Moose