[OM] Gold Creek Pond

Subject: [OM] Gold Creek Pond
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 02:07:13 -0700
This is a favorite place of ours. A beautiful pond surrounded by the Cascade Mountains, just east of Snoqualmie Pass summit. You don't have to be a super hiker to get there and enjoy it. We celebrated my wife's birthday there this time. The area had only a little of the wildfire smoke that has been choking the Seattle area the past couple of weeks. And I bagged this shot.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/52436706939/in/dateposted-public/>

Leica M10-P and Voigtlander 50/1.2. Enjoy!

I have to share one more thing. The pictured spot is a favorite backdrop for wedding and engagement photos. Just before we left, a young couple and their equally young female photographer arrived for a shoot. As we watched them, we realized that this was neither of the above. It was a "we're having a baby" shoot. The mother-to-be was all decked out in a full-length green velvet gown. The father-to-be was a burly, bearded, "Real Northwest Man" kind of guy wearing shorts and a black T-shirt. Further observation determined that the photographer was as pregnant as her subject. I have no pictures of this potential parallelism of baby bumps, as I'm a nice guy, not a predatory paparazzo. I will say that everyone present had a good laugh over the situation.