Re: [OM] Garden Vignette

Subject: Re: [OM] Garden Vignette
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 10:57:31 -0700
At 9/3/2022 09:23 PM, Moose wrote:

>On 9/3/2022 7:40 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:

>>>No, but we weren't expecting any. We have a Mediterranean climate, no rain
>>>in summer. All our water comes from reservoirs and snow pack from winter
>>>precipitation. Whether we are in plenty or drought depends entirely on
>>>winter.
>>I was wondering. I have moved from Scottsdale to Prescott AZ and have been
>>blessed with a lot of monsoon rain here. I am not too familiar with which
>>places experience monsoon season in the US.
>
>Wow, a short distance with big changes in climate and culture! You going to
>the Rodeo?

Not sure my SO would be into a rodeo. She is a PT and not looking for new
business.

>>>The rendering of the subject is relatively straightforward; one variable,
>>>aperture. Bokeh has three, aperture, subject distance and background
>>>distance, so it's a lot more complex.

>>>LOL! Indeed, it is. But it's all for fun, no? So if no fun, just don't do
>>>it. ð???
>>Oh no, it is is definitely fun. The challenge is part of the fun. I hope to
>>try and be more rigorous, though, as I have acquired more lenses. Hard to
>>keep track of what settings or lens I was using.
>
>PC, or Mac? For PCs, there's an obscure, but simple, way to get it all in
>EXIF. I'd be lost without it. I always get EXIF right before importing into LR.

PC, and I have Linux subsystem on it also. It is on my list of todos, but I'm
also lazy at times. The other problem is keeping track if I switch lenses
during a shoot, where I still have to remember which shots with which lens in
order to put into the exif data. We discussed this before...

>>  Just added one experiment at the end of this album:
>
>>https://photos.app.goo.gl/TR5Ud27mgL5cvdoJ8
>>Ricoh Rikenon P 55mm/1.2 Pentax mount @ F1.2
>
>>Here the background distance being somewhat close makes a difference.
>
>Certainly interesting! How appealing, I'm not sure. ð??? 'Twere mine, I'd tame
>the bokeh a bit and let the subject separate.
><http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/WayneS/Rikenon.htm>

Good idea. So far I have not done much post processing. More of just
experimenting with the older lenses.

WayneS