Re: [OM] Garden Vignette

Subject: Re: [OM] Garden Vignette
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 21:57:53 -0700
On 9/2/2022 6:27 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 9/2/2022 04:07 PM, Random wrote:
Something that caught, and pleased, my eye today.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Posts&image=_9021714rot.jpg>

Random Moose
I like it.

Thanks!

Have you had any rain?

No, but we weren't expecting any. We have a Mediterranean climate, no rain in summer. All our water comes from reservoirs and snow pack from winter precipitation. Whether we are in plenty or drought depends entirely on winter.

I've acquired a few alt lenses lately and have been experimenting with bokeh
effects on similar subjects.

The rendering of the subject is relatively straightforward; one variable, aperture. Bokeh has three, aperture, subject distance and background distance, so it's a lot more complex.

It's harder than I thought it would be to get something decent.

LOL! Indeed, it is. But it's all for fun, no? So if no fun, just don't do it. 😉

Or maybe just eschew background bokeh? <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Posts&image=_DSC0119crBW.jpg>

Direct sun on subject, background in shade . . .
Trying on an old Vivitar T4 mount 135/2.8.

Background Check Moose