[OM] IMG: Warsaw

Subject: [OM] IMG: Warsaw
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 13:51:57 +0200
As I wrote earlier, I have been somewhat silent the past couple of weeks due to
a combination of travels and the resulting backlog of photos. We were in Warsaw
in mid-August, and three days after our return we flew off to Scotland. But now
I have finally finished processing the Warsaw images, and I present my
favourites in this gallery:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/warsaw_aug2022/

Warsaw was almost completely destroyed during World War II, and the subsequent
four decades of Communist rule did not exactly make for an attractive city. But
the city has risen from the ashes and the misery since 1989, and is today a
vibrant European metropolis, Poland’s capital and its largest city with 1.7
million people, with all the infrastructure and services one expects in such a
place. And yet it has not lost its character. It is as modern as Berlin or
Paris or Prague but it is not those cities. Hopefully, my photos will give you
a flavour of this.

On a technical note, all the images were taken with the Panasonic GX80 (I was
travelling very light), mostly with the 12-60mm lens, a few with the 1.7/20mm,
and the last images of the Japanese pianist playing Chopin with the Leica 90mm
Tele-Elmarit.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx